Part of great customer experience is the proper phone etiquette when answering customer service calls. From small businesses to healthcare offices, it’s important that the staff trained to answer customer calls know what to say–and what not to say.How good is your customer service phone etiquette? Do you know what to say, and more importantly, what not to say? #VoiceLink Click To Tweet
How can you appropriately answer customer service calls?
In customer service, it’s important to know how to handle phone calls from start to finish. Let’s look over some of the dos and don’ts of answering customer service phone calls:
- Use a professional greeting. This will set the tone for the conversation and give you the confidence boost you need. Try something such as “Good morning, thank you for calling (Your Business Name). My name is _____, how can I help you?”
- Keep a positive attitude throughout the conversation. At the end of the day, you want the phone call to be enjoyable for the customer and for yourself.
- Make sure to understand their question fully. If you’re completely clear on what the customer wants, you won’t be giving them any false information that would further complicate situations.
- Don’t be afraid to put the customer on hold when you need to. You might need the extra time in a scenario when you’re looking for information regarding their question.
- Don’t lose your focus. If you didn’t fully get what the client said, you can ask them to repeat that question in more detail to show them you’re paying attention.
- Don’t interrupt the customer. No one likes to be interrupted, especially when they’re coming to you for the answers for their problem to be solved.
Pro Tip: A call center provides top quality answering services for a wide range of businesses.
An answering service should hold all of the answers to your most frequently asked questions and will usually include important product knowledge. Consider a live answering service for your business’s customer service calls to give your customers great service.
Join the conversation for more customer service tips!